The age old question- “What are your future plans? ”
Does anyone have the answer to this question? I don’t – or better yet- I think I do until the world decides to tell me I’m wrong. One of the biggest lessons in life that I have recently been given the opportunity to learn is that we are really not in control of anything – God is.
“Do not be anxious about anything. But in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”
No matter how many times I tell myself this verse- I still find myself anxious. Most commonly I am anxious about family, finances, stability and career growth. There are a few different methods our family has deployed to rid anxiety of these items:
- Jobs- both my husband and I work full time. Many months ago we made the decisions that our current careers were not providing the life we wanted- so we took a risk and made some changes. Our job potential as well as life potential increased substantially! After all, success lies just beyond your comfort zone.
- Family- learn to trust family or to lean on your family when you need support. No one ever achieved success on their own. Ask you family and friends to hold you accountable of your life goals.
- Stability – plan for the marathon not the sprint. Learn to use “Grit”. Grit is the passion and perseverance to hit long-term goals. Work towards the goal for years, day in and day out – don’t search for instant gratification.
- Financial Planning – we used Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University to overall our planning and money conversations. We set a plan and stuck to it and together we have achieved so much for our financial future.
- Love it – you can have multiple forms of income – while I have a corporate job by day, I also love sharing my experiences using essential oils with those around me – and I even get paid to do so! If you are interested you can of course find out more information here: Getting Started: A Career with Young Living
Bottom Line – Never let your memories be greater than your dreams. Dream Big. Work Hard. And life will fall into place.
Check out my other blog posts about planning for a financial future for more tips and tricks.